Learning to swim is vital life skill
Without knowing the swimming ability of those who sadly drowned at Camber Sands and also those who have drowned this summer around the British coasts, it is a salient reminder of the importance of everyone to learn how to swim.
Locally with rivers, dykes, lakes, I strongly advise that all families make an effort to do this.
Swimming is good for all ages, those with physical disabilities, respiratory, cardiac and muscular problems and the opportunity is there with the New Vision pools and locally in Whittlesey with the Manor Dolphins Swimming Club.
May I also commend the RNLI on their efforts to rescue those who were in trouble.
You may also want to watch:
ASA Teacher, Whittlesey
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told