March rapist is jailed for 15 years the day after boasting on Facebook that he was engaged
- Credit: Archant
A man who boasted on Facebook that he had just got engaged was jailed the next day for 15 years for raping a woman while she slept.
Lee Cundy, 27, of no known address, was handed the sentence at Peterborough Crown Court after he was found guilty of raping a woman and attempted rape two years ago.
The incident happened in January, 2016, when Cundy visited the victim, a woman in her 30s, at her house in March.
The pair spent the evening drinking before the victim fell asleep.
At about 1am the victim woke up to find Cundy forcing himself upon her, covering her mouth with his hand.
You may also want to watch:
During the investigation it was disclosed to officers that it wasn’t the first time Cundy had tried to sexually assault the victim, having attempted to rape her seven years ago.
Detective Constable Annette Renwick said: “Cundy is a dangerous man who targeted a vulnerable woman.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“I’d like to commend the bravery shown by the victim, her family and other witnesses in coming forward and speaking to police.”
Cundy received 11 years for rape and four years for attempted rape, to be served consecutively in the hearing on Tuesday March 20.