LEST WE FORGET: Details of how Fenland will remember the fallen on Remembrance Sunday
PEOPLE across Fenland have remembered those who lost their lives in service today - and there will be more events throughout the weekend.
On Remembrance Sunday, church services will be held and poppy wreaths laid at war memorials all around the district, as the dead of two world wars and more recent conflicts are honoured.
Here are details of the services taking place in Fenland’s four market towns on Sunday.
The Remembrance parade will leave Furrowfields car park at 2.30pm, led by the Band of the ATC. A salute will be taken at the corner of New Road by a Fijian soldier and a representative from RAF Wyton. Wreath-laying will take place at the war memorial followed by a service in church at 3pm. All are welcome; refreshments will be served afterwards in the Bricstan Room.
Parade forms up at Mill View car park at 10; all service and ex-service personnel are welcome. The parade leaves at 10.30am, led by the band of the 2020 Squadron Air Training Corps, to reach St Peter’s Church for service at 11am. The parade marshal will be Major Nigel Spencer, MBE, Royal Engineers. After the service, the parade will reform, and move to the war memorial for a wreath laying ceremony.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
The parade will leave the Ivy Leaf Club at 2pm, led by the Peterborough Highland Pipe Band and will move along Broad Street and Market Street, to the war memorial for a wreath laying ceremony. The parade will then move to St Mary’s Church for a service at 3pm. After the service, the parade will reassemble and parade back to the Ivy Leaf Club, where refreshments will be served.
Ceremony at the War Memorial at 10.30am, followed by service in St Peter’s Church.