Let down by George Campbell Leisure Centre
Referring to your article, It’s still a vision for the future, it certainly looks as though the George Campbell Leisure Centre needs a complete refurbishment.
I have taken my grandchildren there to swim in school holiday times over the last few years and every time I go I can see the place is just falling into disrepair.
The locks on the toilet doors do not work and need replacing, there is no water to wash your hands with and the hand dryer does not work.
The pool itself looks inviting but once you are in you realise that the tiles on the pool walls and floor have been removed and not replaced, just leaving bare concrete.
If so much money can be spent on other leisure centres in Fenland why can’t some of the money be directed to March pool.
You may also want to watch:
I understand that the George Campbell has now been re-branded with new staff uniforms, stationery etc, when in my view the money would have been better spent towards a total upgrade of the Centre.
I would be interested to know if other residents in March feel as let down as I do about this.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis