Let down by George Campbell Leisure Centre
Referring to your article, It’s still a vision for the future, it certainly looks as though the George Campbell Leisure Centre needs a complete refurbishment.
I have taken my grandchildren there to swim in school holiday times over the last few years and every time I go I can see the place is just falling into disrepair.
The locks on the toilet doors do not work and need replacing, there is no water to wash your hands with and the hand dryer does not work.
The pool itself looks inviting but once you are in you realise that the tiles on the pool walls and floor have been removed and not replaced, just leaving bare concrete.
If so much money can be spent on other leisure centres in Fenland why can’t some of the money be directed to March pool.
I understand that the George Campbell has now been re-branded with new staff uniforms, stationery etc, when in my view the money would have been better spent towards a total upgrade of the Centre.
I would be interested to know if other residents in March feel as let down as I do about this.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 8 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year