Let me entertain you! New independent entertainment store opens in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Films, games and music are stacked to the max at an independent shop opened by two friends who worked at the recently closed Blockbusters store in Wisbech.
The pair, who along with other members of staff were given 10 days notice of the town centre store closure in November, have completely refurbished the premises to open their own entertainment store.
Work colleagues Nathan Smith and Stuart Goode decided to go it alone and along with staff member Jake Hunt set up the business.
They have spent the last two months giving the shop a complete overhaul with a new interior, signs and computer systems.
This week saw the grand opening of The Entertainment Centre which they hope will prove a big hit with people in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Co manager Nathan said: “Customers were disappointed when Blockbusters shut. We saw potential to carry it on independently and decided to go for it.
“We believe people enjoy the freedom of choice when you come to a shop like this and enjoy browsing together to choose something.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
“I know there are firms like Netflix and Lovefilm but with us you get the personal touch, there is a real need for good independent stores like this and we hope it goes down well with the community.”
If a film, game or piece of music is not in store staff will aim to stock it within 24 hours.
The Entertainment Centre is open seven days a week from 11-7.30. It will open every day except Christmas Day.