‘Let’s talk about sex baby’ - Chatteris WI marks the national organisation’s centenary with cake, a time capsule and a talk on sex
- Credit: Archant
Members of Chatteris Morning WI had a celebratory lunch to mark the 100th anniversary of the national organisation at the town’s King Edward Centre.
The event included a special cake, which was cut by Marcelle Buddle the branch’s longest serving member and Terri Simmonds, the newest recruit.
Linda Scoles was the speaker and provided an entertaining talk on ‘Everything I’ve always wanted to know about sex!’
After lunch president Jane Tibbitts helped serve the birthday cake before members went outside into the centre’s grounds to bury a time capsule.
Again Marcelle Buddle and Terri Simmonds performed the honours and placed the capsule in the ground, where it will stay for the next 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
A special marker stone was cemented over the hole to keep the capsule safe.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show