LETTER: A dramatic thank-you for everyone’s support for pantomime
On behalf of March And District Amateur Operatic Society (MADAOS), I would like to thank the people in March and surrounding areas for attending our pantomime, ‘Dick Whittington and his Cat’, in such encouraging numbers.
As it is increasingly difficult for amateur theatre to compete with television in its various forms, to play to virtually full houses for five performances (and we did sell out once) is very heartening for us.
I hope everyone who came enjoyed the show, even those a little scared by our ‘King Rat’.
I would also like to thank the Cambs Times, Interlink Express, The Oliver Cromwell Hotel and Spendelow Heating for each sponsoring a performance, Richard Spies from Freedom Motorcycles for transporting chairs (kindly lent by the Neale-Wade Academy) to and from our venue, and many other businesses and individuals who lent us items, put up displays, distributed flyers, and waived the fee for their services.
We will be performing throughout 2016, so keep an eye out for newspaper items and on street banners giving details of our next show.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens