LETTER: Action is needed
I am pleased to see there is to be a junction at Gaul Road with the town bypass but in my opinion the junction at Knights End Road is more dangerous as it is a T-junction and a crossroads.
People come out of Knights End Road and try to turn right and immediately left to get to the golf course, Benwick, the crematorium or for businesses down that road.
It is a busy road as it is used for the school run - I think it’s worse there and I have seen many near misses.
How about prohibiting right turns as is the situation at Tesco?
The A141 is such a fast road - pulling out onto it is dangerous and for some drivers frightening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k