LETTER: Can you help Alan find his army pal?
I am trying to trace John Dyer who came from Chatteris, with links in Somersham, and will be about 67 years of age now.
This is because next year it will be 50 years since he and another 33 of us joined the Royal Marines with 867 Squad and we are organising a reunion to mark that anniversary of our enlistment
John was one of only 21 who made it through 34 weeks of gruelling training to be awarded the coveted Commando Green Beret by passing every test on the way first time. Without exception all of the other former comrades we have managed to contact have asked about John.
If anyone has any information they think will help please contact Alan Gibson at email@example.com. Thank you.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital