LETTER: Chance to see ‘tribute to humanity and political consciousness’ at The Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech & March Trades Council have managed to arrange for a screening of the Film “Tony Benn Will and Testament” at the Light Cinema on November 17.
In this unique autobiographical feature-length film Tony Benn - political firebrand, prolific diarist, writer, charismatic anti-war campaigner, husband and father - presents his own personal reflections on his childhood and youth, marriage and family, political career and retirement.
Although classed as a documentary the film is something more than that, engaging and poignant, at times humorous it is one of the most passionate and moving films that I have ever seen. The very intimacy of the film creates an impression of being in the presence of a well loved elderly uncle who is the central figure of a family event sharing his own personal reflections and passing on a living legacy.
It is a film whose themes many of us can identify with whatever our age or background. This is a beautifully done view of his life and what really mattered to him. It’s a tribute to humanity and political consciousness that transcends politics and portrays the man. The film starts at 7.30pm and tickets are only £5 from the Light Cinema
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour