LETTER: Chance to see ‘tribute to humanity and political consciousness’ at The Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech & March Trades Council have managed to arrange for a screening of the Film “Tony Benn Will and Testament” at the Light Cinema on November 17.
In this unique autobiographical feature-length film Tony Benn - political firebrand, prolific diarist, writer, charismatic anti-war campaigner, husband and father - presents his own personal reflections on his childhood and youth, marriage and family, political career and retirement.
Although classed as a documentary the film is something more than that, engaging and poignant, at times humorous it is one of the most passionate and moving films that I have ever seen. The very intimacy of the film creates an impression of being in the presence of a well loved elderly uncle who is the central figure of a family event sharing his own personal reflections and passing on a living legacy.
It is a film whose themes many of us can identify with whatever our age or background. This is a beautifully done view of his life and what really mattered to him. It’s a tribute to humanity and political consciousness that transcends politics and portrays the man. The film starts at 7.30pm and tickets are only £5 from the Light Cinema
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim