LETTER: Councillor on the Green offers chance to meet your representatives
- Credit: Archant
In an effort to communicate with our constituents we carried out street surgeries, knocking on doors, street by street over four years in our Waterlees Village ward.
However, we were conscious of the fact we were unable to meet with residents who were out working or asleep because of shift work.
So over the summer, we intend to hold Councillor on the Green sessions and we held the first one On Saturday June 11.
We will be outside the Oasis Community Centre on the Green. Also there to offer their help and advice will be the UKIP town and county councillors for the area, Paul Clapp and Alan and Brenda Lay and the local PCSO Steve Staniforth. Information will also be available regarding The Rainbow Savers Credit Union and Wisbech Flood Wardens.
It’s a great opportunity for the Waterlees Village community to come and meet all of their Councillors in one place.
You may also want to watch:
The issues can be anything, and if we can help, we will try. If it’s a confidential matter, we can always arrange to meet privately. If people are unsure whether their Councillor can help, just ask. We’re here to help and at your service.
So look out for the next one in the coming weeks.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
CLLRS VIRGINIA AND MICHAEL BUCKNOR