LETTER: Delight over grant but more work is needed
The Tithe Barn Trust is over the moon to announce that we have been supported by the Architectural Heritage Fund and awarded a grant.
The Tithe Barn Trust is a small charity aiming to save and sympathetically restore the 16th Century Grade II listed Tithe Barn, in Landbeach, for community use. The AHF is a charity working to promote the conservation and sustainable re-use of historic buildings for the benefit of communities across the UK.
This is fantastic news as this grant will allow us to progress the Tithe Barn project to the next step. There is still a lot of work to be done, as although we have raised over £65k, our major fundraising quest continues.
Get in touch if you’d like to volunteer and be involved in our exciting community project?
We’ve been working hard; however, we still need your help to save this gem at the heart of Landbeach. We believe the Tudor Tithe barn, with thatched roof and historic brick and timber floor, to be unique to Cambridgeshire and even of national significance. Over 90% of Tithe Barns have been converted in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Three ways YOU can get involved;
• Make a pledge today at www.tithebarntrust.org.ukmake-a-pledge
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
• Become a Friend. Visit www.tithebarntrust.org.ukbecome-a-member
• Volunteer or become a trustee. Email email@example.com to find out more.
Find us at www.tithebarntrust.org.uk, like us on facebook.com FriendsofLandbeachTitheBarn and follow us on Twitter @TBarn