LETTER: Don’t blame road blame drivers
Gaul Road junction with the A141 March bypass has a bad reputation for accidents...but, there is nothing wrong with the junction if used correctly.
Twice recently I have had a narrow escape after impatient motorists have pulled straight out into my path. The first, a few weeks ago, when I was travelling from the Tesco roundabout towards Doddington on a “Foggy” morning when a motorist pulled straight out in front of me from Gaul Road with nowhere to go - the carriageway going towards the Tesco roundabout was packed solid with traffic - so he stopped in my carriageway causing me to do am emergency stop, with other motorists grinding to a sudden stop behind me as well! Extra time should always be allowed for manoeuvres in foggy conditions.
And on Monday morning of this week, when I was travelling towards Doddington at about 8.45am another motorist pulled straight out from Gaul Road - again causing me to do an emergency stop. So please don’t blame the junction - but, impatient motorists who should know better.
Motorist should be more patient when joining a busy road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success