LETTER: ‘Don’t let lack of toilets spoil future Whittlesey Straw Bear Festivals’
A group of us from Wisbech attended the Straw Bear Festival Parade in Whittlesey on Saturday (our 21st time) and left with mixed feelings at the end of the day.
The organisers had worked very hard as usual in ensuring that the parade went well for the thousands who turned up but the public toilet provision was a disgrace.
Like penny pinching bureaucrats everywhere those in charge some years ago decided a few coin controlled cubicles were a better idea than the old-fashioned, free access, multi-use toilets previously to be found. These were never going to be enough in my opinion even if they were all working and sure enough by the afternoon there was only one cubicle to meet the demands of the many.
It beggars belief and I for one, won’t be going again unless this problem is sorted.
Come on Whittlesey, don’t let a great day be spoiled for the sake of a few decent mobile toilets, or an improved static one, please.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend