LETTER: Good luck to Mr Bridge..
What a mischievous little journalist you have in the penning of the piece ‘Pay hike for finance chief’ in this week’s Wisbech Standard.
There was I, thinking Fenland DC was flying in the face of all we have been subjected to by way of local government spending cuts and all along, it was nothing more than Rob Bridge securing a new job and being rewarded for it.
Might not ‘Finance chief gets promotion’ have been less disingenuous?
I can’t help wondering whether, in the unlikely event the Standard’s editor was head-hunted by a Murdoch national daily, the headline would have been similarly misleading, giving the impression it was all about money. Good luck to Mr Bridge I say.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'