LETTER: Government rules
With the new threat of a junior doctors’ strike I am beginning to wonder if they themselves know why they are taking this action?
Talk to one group and it’s money, talk to another it’s conditions and to a further group it’s about seven day a week working etc etc.
In truth it’s a clearly politically motivated move and the BMA should be ashamed of themselves as should some of the demonstrators who have behaved like little children recently.
Remember we were told that doctors would be leaving this country “in droves”? - well, it hasn’t happened and I believe the general public will turn on these “gimme, gimme, gimme” professionals - without this support their cause will collapse. Stick to your guns Jeremy Hunt, the government rules the UK and not the BMA.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack