LETTER: Help for Dennis
I read the article in the ‘Cambs Times’ dated December 30 2016 about Dennis Carroll appealing for help in tracing his sister. Using my family history skills I think the following might be the record of his father’s death.
Dennis Carroll, date of birth March 9 1922 (this was given when this death was registered).
Died in the June quarter of 1996 in the Registration District of Peterborough. (Could be in a hospital in Peterborough).
District number: 3351C
Register number: C23G
You may also want to watch:
Entry number: 187
Date of registration mm/yy: 0496
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Dennis, the son, can purchase the death certificate on the off chance that the death is of his father, and was registered by the sister of Dennis – Kim. If so it will give her home address. Kim could have married and hence have a different surname.
He can purchase the death certificate by using the following website; http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
Cost £9.25 using a credit card or possibly a debit card. There is also a charge by the bank for an International transaction. I have purchased lots of BMD certificates this way - I too live in Australia.