LETTER: Huge thank-you for donations to March Foodbank
We were especially encouraged over the Christmas period to receive unprecedented amounts of food through our regular collection points at Tesco and Sainsbury’s supermarkets.
We were stunned by the creativity of the Neale-Wade sixth formers, the thoughtfulness of the district nurses and the generosity of local businesses, churches and schools, too numerous to mention - you know who you are!
So, we start the new year with good stocks of food but also, sadly, many people who find themselves in need of it.
So well done, people of March and surrounding villages. Keep up the good work in 2016. Anyone wishing to get more involved can contact me on email@example.com or come and visit us at Centenary Baptist Church, High St, March on Tuesdays at 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire