LETTER: ‘I agree we should have a points based immigration system’
I read your article with regards to Councillor Lisa Duffy working with the police in Wisbech and her views on immigration.
In my opinion, I agree with Lisa that we should have a points based system to enter this country. Currently, the NHS is over stretched by the amount of people entering the country and registering with doctors etc.
As a disabled mother to a disabled child, I find it difficult to get an appointment for my son for his epilepsy clinic.
Personally I have had to wait at least three months for a neurologist appointment to come through. I had to wait at least six months for a dental operation.
We also have a housing shortage due to an influx of mass immigration. Many times, I do feel scared and rather intimated when I walk through Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The amount of violent crimes has significantly increased over the last four years. I had to move away from the waterlees area of Wisbech due to the violent crimes being on the increase especially in that WILLOW DINES
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government