LETTER: ‘I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news’ says man of Addenbrooke’s special measures announcement
- Credit: Archant
Our world-renowned Addenbrooke’s hospital is in ‘special measures.’
As a Cambridgeshire man whose family members have actively supported our County’s medical pride and joy since the 1880s I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news.
And then I remember: one of Cambridgeshire’s MPs was Mr Andrew Lansley, the fellow who promised ‘no more top-down reorganisation of the NHS’ and then, as Health Secretary, effected just that, has left the government, left the House of Commons and landed in the £300-a-day House of Lords.
There may be no connection between all of these facts but I can’t help thinking that there is.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party