LETTER: ‘I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news’ says man of Addenbrooke’s special measures announcement
- Credit: Archant
Our world-renowned Addenbrooke’s hospital is in ‘special measures.’
As a Cambridgeshire man whose family members have actively supported our County’s medical pride and joy since the 1880s I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news.
And then I remember: one of Cambridgeshire’s MPs was Mr Andrew Lansley, the fellow who promised ‘no more top-down reorganisation of the NHS’ and then, as Health Secretary, effected just that, has left the government, left the House of Commons and landed in the £300-a-day House of Lords.
There may be no connection between all of these facts but I can’t help thinking that there is.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide