LETTER: ‘I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news’ says man of Addenbrooke’s special measures announcement
- Credit: Archant
Our world-renowned Addenbrooke’s hospital is in ‘special measures.’
As a Cambridgeshire man whose family members have actively supported our County’s medical pride and joy since the 1880s I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news.
And then I remember: one of Cambridgeshire’s MPs was Mr Andrew Lansley, the fellow who promised ‘no more top-down reorganisation of the NHS’ and then, as Health Secretary, effected just that, has left the government, left the House of Commons and landed in the £300-a-day House of Lords.
There may be no connection between all of these facts but I can’t help thinking that there is.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild