LETTER: ‘I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news’ says man of Addenbrooke’s special measures announcement
- Credit: Archant
Our world-renowned Addenbrooke’s hospital is in ‘special measures.’
As a Cambridgeshire man whose family members have actively supported our County’s medical pride and joy since the 1880s I feel that I’ve been kicked in the guts by this news.
And then I remember: one of Cambridgeshire’s MPs was Mr Andrew Lansley, the fellow who promised ‘no more top-down reorganisation of the NHS’ and then, as Health Secretary, effected just that, has left the government, left the House of Commons and landed in the £300-a-day House of Lords.
There may be no connection between all of these facts but I can’t help thinking that there is.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life