LETTER: I support the landlord register is a good idea
As a socialist, I would like to comment on the proposed register by Fenland District Council (FDC) of private landlords in the Wisbech area.
Fenland District Council are proposing to charge private landlords £575 per property for a five-year licence as part of plans to ensure ‘fit and proper persons’ are renting out properties.
I support FDC’s proposed register. Such a register would ensure that all private landlords inform HMRC of their rental income and pay the right amount of a tax due.
The register should be expanded to cover all private landlords with properties in the Fenland area and be linked to the re-introduction of rent controls and rent control officers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off