LETTER: ‘I would love to know what happened to my old motorbike’
- Credit: Archant
I owned a 1955 Norton 500ES2 registration EJE 454. I bought it from the Penny Farthing garage owned by Mr Rose in the late 1950s and sold it sometime in the 1960s.
I can’t remember how much I paid for it, but it could have been around £300 - but that is a wild guess.
I would really love to know what happened to the bike after I sold it, and whether it is still being ridden today.
I have contacted local garages to see if they know anything, but so far I have had no luck.
The last I heard it was in Yaxley, so it could still be local and I would love to hear from anyone who knows about it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire