LETTER: ‘If we vote to remain in EU then the door will slam shut behind us’
The public are being bombarded with facts? Many of them distorted by bias, I would like to mention a few points which are universally accepted.
The European Union led by the major power Germany, is intending to move to ever closer union to create a European Federal State, That is their stated aim.
If we vote to stay in Europe, but without adopting the Euro and with David Cameron’s special conditions, and our stated intention never to accept ever closer union, we will not be truly Europeans, a situation where we the British will be immediately under pressure to conform to their aims.
Our vote as just one voice among 27 others will count for little.
Now conjecture, I believe if we remain in Europe within months we will be told that if we want to trade we will have to become totally European, accept their laws, and accept open borders, accept their currency. How long before the UK motorists are compelled to drive on the right in the name of conformity?
You may also want to watch:
David Cameron said he would only stay in a reformed EU. Yet so minor were the changes he negotiated (none of them enshrined in law) that today the remain campaign never mentions them,
As for being safer and financially secure under the umbrella of Europe, just ask the Greeks how their lives are with youth unemployment running at 50% and an ever growing debt.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
That the UK is one of the best countries to be in is borne out by the sheer number of people who want to come here rather than remain in Calais.
If we vote to remain in Europe the door will slam shut behind us, a burning building without an exit.