LETTER: Is voting out of the EU worth the risk?
There’s a lot of media interest in Wisbech at the moment and if a TV journalist asks me as a resident of more than 30 years what I think about Europe, this is what I’ll say.
I’m voting to stay in for our children and grandchildren, for the positive values the EU upholds in an increasingly dangerous world and because I find the rhetoric of Brexit hollow, dishonest and self-serving. They admit they have no plan!
I also believe the vast majority of economists who say Brexit would be really bad for Britain, losing it investment, jobs and trade deals which would take years to re-negotiate even if it were possible to do so.
Fellow Wisbech people may be planning to vote for Brexit because they don’t like the numbers of workers who have come here from eastern Europe in the past five or 10 years.
If that’s your plan, please think again about what exactly you are wishing for, will Brexit achieve it and anyway, is it honestly worth the risk?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government