LETTER: It’s time councillors realised the threat of out of town shops
The item on the front page of last week’s paper headed ‘Shops Scheme gets go ahead’ gives me a distinct feeling of deja vu!
Isn’t it time our local councillors realised that relatively small market towns such as March, Wisbech and Chatteris struggle to keep their town centre shopping areas viable without the added threat of out of town developments?
It’s the derelict spaces in March town centre that need development not a greenfield site at Hostmoor - it’s high time something was done about The Acre for instance and also the derelict land where the Freezer Centre used to be on Station Road.
Come on Councillors! Don’t just take the easy way to more business rates, put something back into the town centre for a change.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire