LETTER: It’s time ‘democracy is respected’
Having absentee councillors really is not good enough. This is a prime example of contempt for the voters.
The Octavia Hill community for obvious reasons voted for a local person to be their councillor. It’s about time democracy was respected.
Some political parties still seem to think it is okay to put up paper candidates just to fill their party’s quota - it isn’t.
People need good communication with their councillors.
Most jobs we receive from ward constituents need to be dealt with promptly. It is ridiculous to expect someone in urgent need to have to communicate via a proxy email chain.
You may also want to watch:
Virginia and I publish our home address, our telephone numbers both land line and mobile, our personal email addresses, Facebook address, website and a 24 hour answer-phone.
If Cllr Brunton wants to live somewhere many miles away from his ward he should resign from LOCAL politics in Wisbech and stand for the Conservatives where he lives, wherever that is.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Fenland District and Wisbech Town Councillor
Waterlees Village Ward