LETTER: Leaflets are a waste of money
What do people think to the new information leaflet that the county council are sending to everyone re the mayor elections.
I would like to know why they are wasting our Council Tax money on sending out this lovely glossy magazine to every individual.
Ours arrived yesterday in Chatteris, three separate, individually sealed in an envelope, addressed to us all who are eligible to vote.
Why do we need three? Two went straight in the recycle bin.
I have spoken to others and they all received individual copies for everyone in their household too. How much did this cost and what was the purpose?
You may also want to watch:
This only needed to go to each household and not to each individual, as I am sure nobody minds sharing.
From a very disgruntled resident
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash