LETTER: Lucky for some...
How lucky Professor Brian Ford is to be living in or near Eastrea with seven buses a day.
Here in Murrow there is one bus to Peterborough and back on a Wednesday that is dependent on its subsidy being renewed every six months.
After much “lobbying” there is also a bus to Wisbech and back on a Thursday.
This has recently been highlighted by Radio Cambridgeshire with short interviews with the Wednesday bus passengers which were transmitted on BBC Sunday Politics, Look East and Radio Cambridgeshire last November.
Disappointed that neither local papers picked up on it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens