LETTER: ‘Making some drugs legal so they can be taxed makes sense’
So why is it that when they support something that they know most tax payers and voters will be against, as in the proposed, but defeated car parking charges,they decide to withhold their names? Are they scared that we, the tax payers and voters, will get upset and complain about them?
If you stand as a councillor, whether it be parish or county level, you should be accountable for everything you do that effects us, the tax payer and voter.
If you are not willing to abide by this, then don’t put yourself forward. Simple.
John Smithee’s letter about the US state of Colorado and making some drugs legal to allow them to be taxed makes sense, no matter how you look at it.
This country could do the same as there is a need for money to help pay the country’s debts and this would also allow funding into drug prevention programs without taking the cash from the tax payer, as is the case at the moment. The sooner the better too.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November