LETTER: March well on way to preparing a nieghbourhood plan and now its your turn to see what’s happening
March Town Council is embarking on the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan which, if approved, will become a statutory land use planning document, carrying significant material weight in the planning process.
We want to prepare this plan because we believe that local people should have a greater say in planning decisions within the town, and in particular, in setting the vision for its future. It is therefore vital that the Plan is prepared in partnership with our community. The Neighbourhood already carries the brand “March Town Plan by March Town People” and to ensure this happens we need you to get involved at every key stage.
At the end of 2013 we started the process off by conducting a town wide survey. We have had a great response and have now processed the findings and have been able to identify a number of key issues that need to be looked at in more detail.
We now plan to hold a consultation event in order to provide an opportunity to share the key findings of the original survey, to highlight the main issues to emerge, and to look at possible ways forward. Members of the town council and our planning consultant will be on hand to talk to about this work at the exhibition. You will also be encouraged to complete a comments form to help us further shape the work.
The exhibition is at the Oliver Hotel ballroom on July 19 from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
KIT OWEN (Cllr)
Mayor of March
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage