LETTER: New Fenland street lights are less efficient claim
- Credit: Archant
How many people know that the new streetlights are less efficient than the old ones they have replaced?
It is ironic that the low pressure sodium vapour lamps (the yellow street lights) that have been scrapped were nearly three times more efficient than the CFLs with which they have been replaced.
Yes, that is right, the old street lights were nearly three times more efficient than the new ones we have now.
Even if the new lights were fitted with LEDs they would still be less than half as efficient as the old yellow lights.
The new street lighting has all been a ‘con’.
Whether the council officers or the councillors were in on it or also conned is not clear but it has been a huge mistake and a terrific waste of tax payers’ money.
The only advantage the new street lamps have over the old (apart from being new) is that they can be switched off remotely, and guess what, that is exactly what Cambridgeshire County Council want to do.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 7 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named