LETTER: ‘Now can we have some action on speeding in our road?’
- Credit: Archant
Well all you readers who have seen letters from myself and others about the continuing speed problem along our road will have maybe have seen or read about the latest crash involving alleged high speed driving.
Luckily enough no one was injured, this happened on Friday one hour after parents and children had all been walking along this road after visiting the switching on of the town’s Christmas lights, thank God they weren’t later going home.
The carnage was caused by one car who was apparently travelling about 70 to 80 mph and hit two parked cars on there drives also felled a telegraph pole two walls and damaged one wall of a bungalow.
Yet our town councillors say there is no need for traffic calming along this road, and why because none of them live along this road.
No answers have been provided by any councillor as to what’s happened or happening to the monies that was going to be used for helping to solve this issue. My view is they are not worthy of being town councillors because most just like having photos in papers when there is some gala or dinner date.
Just like our MP whose picture is in newspapers more than Brad Pitt.
Yet nothing is done to make this road safer. The likes of Kit Owen and is band of followers only care about issues that they are rewarded for. Let’s now see if they do discuss the matter through the local paper or just ignore it like they have done until the next election of town councillors.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'