LETTER: Ode to city’s new southern by-pass
So they’re going ahead with the by-pass
At least that’s what people think
And despite all those bemoaners
Chucking all but the kitchen sink.
But please dont get too excited
You may also want to watch:
There’s lots to happen yet
The ground will be too hard or soft
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
That’s certainly an even bet
Come Easter they’ll start on construction
Now that will be just a pain
When a guy carrying a clipboard says: ‘Sorry we had too much rain’
And when it’s finally finished
By about 2022?
People will be asking
Why didn’t we have it dualled?
..... and so it goes.
GRAHAM JONES Ely