LETTER: Our group are not ‘political’ activists
I wonder if we could, through your letters page correct many points wrongly accusing Wisbech Voices of being a political group?
It’s been said the group is made up of members of UKIP and disgruntled former members of a Facebook page. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The group is made up of people from all political persuasions and was brought together by like thinking individuals.
People that were fed up with the one party stranglehold that seems to be choking Wisbech.
We share a view that politics should not be the major consideration for a town council and that all councillors should work together for the good of the town.
You may also want to watch:
To this end we have offered our support and endorsement of people wishing to stand as independent councillors. Someone without a political agenda who will put the town first.
We’re accused of being “political activists”, have put up with lots of abuse and called many names by members on many levels of a national political party.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
It will not put us off. We will continue campaigning for anything we feel is unfair for Wisbech.