LETTER: Photo prompts calls for action on dangerous Wisbech building
- Credit: Archant
Photographer Roger Rawson posted this picture on the Wisbech Discussion Forum page and asked the question: When is the owner going to do something about this building (located on the corner of Park Street and William Road before some body gets hurt. Another couple of bricks on pavement this morning (Wednesday).
And prompted a surge of comments in response all agreeing with him.
One mum wrote: “It’s is very dangerous. I have to walk past most days with two young children so we have to walk in the road.”
A man commented: “I expect that nothing will be done until somebody is hurt, I pass this place everyday on my way to and from work and I always half expect to see the wall collapsed with some poor child or pedestrian trapped beneath, I pray this day never comes.”
While another post read: “These buildings could be turned into places where people can live. I see the house across from it is boarded up as well. Disgraceful when people are crying out for places to live.”
You may also want to watch:
However, town, district and county councillor Sam Hoy promised to report the matter to ward councillor Carol Cox so she can investigate the situation and hopefully get some action to solve the problem.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March