LETTER: Plea to dance-goers
Following the publication of my successful ‘Dancing at the Corn Exchange’ i now turn to Marcam Hall in march.
I would like to hear from anyone who went to dances at this venue between 1962 and 1966, any memories you have of the top groups who appeared there and memories of growing up at this time.
I have a database of all performers at this great venue which includes top names of the 1960s like The Animals, The Kinks, The Hollies and Wayne Fontana.
In particular I would like to hear from anyone related to or who knew Mr Ken Wallis who ran these dances.
I can be contacted either by mobile phone on 0751 0292226 or via email at: email@example.com
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues