LETTER: Please think about where you park when you go for a run
- Credit: Archant
But what I don’t support is the inconsiderate, and badly thought out attitudes many of these runners appear to have towards parking.
Considering they are out to exercise, and presumably increase their fitness levels it seems a shame they don’t extend that to a short walk to the park.
Instead of using the large, free public car park at City Road, many runners turn up in their cars and try to park as close as they can without a thought for shoppers and workers who are also in town on Saturday mornings.
Some weeks the parking is so bad it is almost impossible for others to get through. I hate to think what might happen if an emergency vehicle needs to get through during these busy events.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash