LETTER: Santa will be on his sleigh and coming your way around March
March Lions Club, and the Rotary Club of March are working together for the benefit of charities serving the town and surrounding area, by taking Santa on a tour of the streets of March.
This year we are collecting for EDDIES, MAGPAS, YPM and March Solo Group for bereaved partners.
The first dates we are going to be around and about March are Wednesday December 2: Cavalry Park, Worsley Chase, Olivers Way, Kingsley Way, Fleetwood, Cavalry Drive, Suffolk Way, Breton Avenue, Hunters Chase, back to Cavalry Drive Finishing at the Upwell Road end.
Thursday December 3, Elwyn Court, Eastwood Avenue, Green Street, Smith’s Drive, Grounds Avenue, Mallard Way and area, and Badgeney Road.
We are going to try to forewarn you if we can’t actually get down your road, so that you know the approximate time that we are hoping to be somewhere close to you.
Each night we shall be starting about 6pm and aim to finish no later than 8pm.
Last year thanks to the wonderful generosity of the people of March, we raised a total of £1,000 which was split between four charities. This year we are hoping to go more slowly (we are doing two extra nights). We hope we will see you somewhere on our routes.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
March Lions Club