LETTER: Santa will be on his sleigh and coming your way around March
March Lions Club, and the Rotary Club of March are working together for the benefit of charities serving the town and surrounding area, by taking Santa on a tour of the streets of March.
This year we are collecting for EDDIES, MAGPAS, YPM and March Solo Group for bereaved partners.
The first dates we are going to be around and about March are Wednesday December 2: Cavalry Park, Worsley Chase, Olivers Way, Kingsley Way, Fleetwood, Cavalry Drive, Suffolk Way, Breton Avenue, Hunters Chase, back to Cavalry Drive Finishing at the Upwell Road end.
Thursday December 3, Elwyn Court, Eastwood Avenue, Green Street, Smith’s Drive, Grounds Avenue, Mallard Way and area, and Badgeney Road.
We are going to try to forewarn you if we can’t actually get down your road, so that you know the approximate time that we are hoping to be somewhere close to you.
You may also want to watch:
Each night we shall be starting about 6pm and aim to finish no later than 8pm.
Last year thanks to the wonderful generosity of the people of March, we raised a total of £1,000 which was split between four charities. This year we are hoping to go more slowly (we are doing two extra nights). We hope we will see you somewhere on our routes.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
March Lions Club