LETTER: ‘Selfishness of these cyclists’
- Credit: Archant
I would like to bring it to the attention of your readers the selfishness of these types of cyclists.
The road is Duxford to Ickleton and is a busy road and bus route. However we are continually being subjected to this manner of cycling ie four abreast and in a convoy.
They never seem to think they should get into single file when vehicles are present and want to pass. If you try to encourage them to move over, one gets expletives and hand gestures!
Why is it that bikes that use the same amount of road as an HGV vehicle, take no test, pay no road tax or insurance and can go at speeds exceeding 30mph, even sometimes using a mobile phone is perfectly OK and acceptable? Is it because they are being environmentally friendly and keeping fit at the same time?
Has one thought of the fumes we create when we have to crawl along behind them and brake sharply if one suddenly decides to pull around a mate for a more intimate chat. Do they give an ounce of concern about the queue mounting behind them and that a vehicle could be trying to overtake?
You may also want to watch:
Cycle by all means....but more rules and considerations in my opinion are needed urgently especially as more and more cyclists are being involved in accidents.
Why should it just be drivers that must ‘think bike’? A lot of cyclists don’t think bus, lorry, car, motorbike and even pedestrians, when suddenly they decide not to use the road and mount the pavement to avoid queuing traffic.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
P MUNSON (Mrs)