LETTER: Several tonnes of food donated to March Foodbank over festive period
A huge THANK YOU from the March Foodbank team to the people of March and surrounding villages.
We have been staggered by the generosity of local people over Christmas and the New Year towards those in need of March Foodbank.
Following Christmas collections at the Neale-Wade Academy, Revolution Hairdressers and ongoing collections at Tesco (Hostmoor), Sainsburys and Iceland throughout the year, we have been able to give food to hundreds of clients and their families.
Several tonnes of food was donated by local shoppers, schools, churches and businesses and distributed in 2016.
We are also grateful to our team of volunteers who give up their time and energy to man the Tuesday lunchtime sessions at Centenary Baptist Church.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to find out more about helping at March Foodbank can contact Barbara Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages