LETTER: Silence over Whittlesey supermarket debacle is ‘deafening’
The silence is deafening. In vain I have looked for the past two to three weeks for any reference to the Sainsbury’s debacle.
No words from any Fenland councillors, nothing from the Friends of Whittlesey.
All the in-fighting between the two companies, Tesco and Sainsbury’s, and what have we got, neither of them.
Not that it seems to be a surprise to many people in Whittlesey as the building of a Tesco store in Station Road as well as the repeated changes demanded by Sainsbury’s to their site did not bode well for either of the stores to be built.
Ah, well there goes our ‘Ferry Meadows’ as one councillor described the Sainsbury’s Country Park.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town