LETTER: ‘Stop moaning and just get on with it’
I open the Wisbech Standard page 9 to see all these people moaning and groaning about street lights being turned off.
My wife noticed our street light outside our home was not working phoned the number on the post, This man came out the next day.
My neighbour saw him he said got to turn these street lights off at night they go off at midnight and come back on at 6am.
No letter nothing. Norfolk County Council well done this happened in 2013 three years ago. People in our street have just got on with life, I’ve heard no moaning and groaning although I did spend £200 to have a security light fitted.
What’s that? Peanuts compared with the savings the council has made
You may also want to watch:
PS We still need a roundabout at the Broad End Road junction.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show