LETTER: Team work is key
It would seem from last week’s headlines that Cllr Steve Tierney was instrumental in scuttling the Selective Landlord Licensing scheme.
The scheme being designed to protect tenants from the bad landlords of Wisbech. I have seen first hand some of the squalor people have had to endure and the conditions people have had to live in.
But then when Cllr Tierney has in the past stated that he found nothing wrong with hot bedding, a practice used by landlords to enhance their earnings.
Whatever the reason, his actions and those of his colleagues has done nothing more than to further prolong the misery of some renters while the rogue landlords continue to reap huge profits at their expense unabated.
A previous letter from Cllr Michael Bucknor set out standards that need to be aimed for including the above. This can only be done when new councillors are elected who instead of representing a party stand united together as one - for example elected independently, but working as a group “Wisbech Together” for example.
You may also want to watch:
It works in Elm where whatever your politics they seemingly play no part in council meetings, you do not claim allegiance to any party but work as a team instead.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March