LETTER: Tell me, how can Fenland Council encourage 95 homes in part of March that a year ago was deleted from the Local Plan?
- Credit: Archant
It is with surprise and dismay that on reading the Fenland District Council pre-application letter to the developers of the land for 95 homes at Estover area, that the district council are actually encouraging the development of this large scale housing in an area that only a year ago was deleted from the Local Plan.
Not only is that dismaying, but FDC are encouraging the same developers to produce housing plans for their surrounding land ownership which could result in nearly 300 homes being built. The reason FDC are saying this is that “the 95 homes alone could result in an incongruous development with an adverse impact on the open countryside and relating poorly to the existing urban area and facilities.” This was one of the main reasons why nearly 700 residents objected to major housing in this area two years ago.
If 95 homes would have such an adverse impact on this area, as it would, surely nearly 300 homes would have a much greater adverse impact.
Residents have until Monday (September 7) to object to FDC on this “crazy” reason for supporting major housing in this area of the town.
In my opinion this whole housing issue “stinks” like the sewage smell local residents have to put up with in this area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle