LETTER: Tell me, how can Fenland Council encourage 95 homes in part of March that a year ago was deleted from the Local Plan?
- Credit: Archant
It is with surprise and dismay that on reading the Fenland District Council pre-application letter to the developers of the land for 95 homes at Estover area, that the district council are actually encouraging the development of this large scale housing in an area that only a year ago was deleted from the Local Plan.
Not only is that dismaying, but FDC are encouraging the same developers to produce housing plans for their surrounding land ownership which could result in nearly 300 homes being built. The reason FDC are saying this is that “the 95 homes alone could result in an incongruous development with an adverse impact on the open countryside and relating poorly to the existing urban area and facilities.” This was one of the main reasons why nearly 700 residents objected to major housing in this area two years ago.
If 95 homes would have such an adverse impact on this area, as it would, surely nearly 300 homes would have a much greater adverse impact.
Residents have until Monday (September 7) to object to FDC on this “crazy” reason for supporting major housing in this area of the town.
In my opinion this whole housing issue “stinks” like the sewage smell local residents have to put up with in this area.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash