LETTER TO THE EDITOR: I note that Costa Coffee is coming to the town centre and if the investment works for them this will lead to an influx of investment.
As a project worker in Wisbech I only want the best for town.
Lately investment has come to Wisbech. In fact with the addition of the Queen Mary Centre and the increased funding for the local college, this can only be good for the town.
I note that Costa Coffee is coming to the town centre and if the investment works for them this will lead to an influx of investment.
Now I turn to our UKIP councillors who were elected by the local people of Wisbech. It appears there are a lot of grants that need to be applied for from the European Union as well as other areas
I’m afraid I’m a bit short of facts on this but the grants are out there to the tune of millions. The last time these type of grants were available were in the 1960s when Kings Lynn and Peterborough took the grants and expanded yet our shopkeeper dominated councillors decided not to take the grants.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech then just happened to lose their railway stations under the Beaching cuts. The proof in the pudding will be if we embrace change and move with the times.
I can’t see any mention of Wisbech going for grants or UKIP councillors standing up to say they are applying for these grants. Not applying for these grants will mean that Wisbech stays in the 1960s however we are all worth more than that much more.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
I look forward to a debate in this newspaper about the grants that Wisbech should be applying for of what ever party.