LETTER TO THE EDITOR: I think we have to have faith the public won’t take too much stock of anyone trying to ‘breed’ hatred
The obvious route is of course to totally and utterly ignore the article in Sunday’s The Sun
I remember the ‘Baltic Mafia’ rubbish – in my opinion of course, that was printed in the Daily Mail.
Unless a person truly is a racist you would not expect them to mind migrants living here; in World War 2 Polish for example those that had fled Germany joined our army which was a great help to the British!
I remember the Christmas lights and the St. George’s Day event in Wisbech recently; we had migrants helping us, whether it be serving drinks to the public or helping dismantle gazebos
Migrants add to the community in Wisbech and are pleasant. I found my neighbour is Lithuanian for example and I never have any issues with him or his girlfriend and my vets have mostly been Polish – so I of course only care he knows what he is doing when he examines my cat (which he does)!
You may also want to watch:
I think we have to have faith the public won’t take too much stock of anyone trying to ‘breed’ hatred; it does nobody any favours (and is a reason I “defected” last September, I didn’t feel welcome in UKIP) in my personal opinion.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend