LETTER TO THE EDITOR: In a matter of weeks cost of Wisbech to March rail link has risen 50 per cent
- Credit: Archant
According to the news the rail-link between Wisbech and March is now priced at £75million.
So in a matter of weeks it has increased from £50 million as previously reported.
By my simple mathematical brain that is an increase of 50 per cent.
And we are talking in the millions here.
I know let’s get Norfolk County Council in to oversee the project, after all they’ve only chucked away £30 million on their now to not happen incinerator scheme. Let them oversee the Wisbech-March rail scheme and we’ll save £45 million - job done!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation