LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘It was a choice to come here and one I have never regretted, Wisbech has so much to offer in its architecture, history and its people’
- Credit: Archant
I would like to add my comments regarding the article, if you can call it such, in the Sun.
Many years ago I used to have the Sun delivered but after a number of dreadful articles that I felt were not good reading for my sons, who were then beginning to take an interest in current affairs I stopped it and have not read, it in depth, since.
I did however read some of the article about Wisbech and the subsequent remarks on Facebook. If you are gathering views to back up a more realistic and relevant article on Wisbech I am in favour.
I came to live here, from Cheshire, 45 years ago, with a seven year period back there for work reasons. It was a choice to come here and one I have never regretted, Wisbech has so much to offer in its architecture, history and its people.
The influx of eastern Europeans gives our town a richness of culture if only we could encompass this, yes there are a few who spoil it for the majority but surely any right minded person can realise that there are some fen people who spoil it for the majority too.
You may also want to watch:
If the Editor of the Sun would come to visit the town, during Rose Fair would be great, and really looked at the town and all its positive points then wrote a true article then and only then would I consider reading it.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November