LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘It was a choice to come here and one I have never regretted, Wisbech has so much to offer in its architecture, history and its people’
- Credit: Archant
I would like to add my comments regarding the article, if you can call it such, in the Sun.
Many years ago I used to have the Sun delivered but after a number of dreadful articles that I felt were not good reading for my sons, who were then beginning to take an interest in current affairs I stopped it and have not read, it in depth, since.
I did however read some of the article about Wisbech and the subsequent remarks on Facebook. If you are gathering views to back up a more realistic and relevant article on Wisbech I am in favour.
I came to live here, from Cheshire, 45 years ago, with a seven year period back there for work reasons. It was a choice to come here and one I have never regretted, Wisbech has so much to offer in its architecture, history and its people.
The influx of eastern Europeans gives our town a richness of culture if only we could encompass this, yes there are a few who spoil it for the majority but surely any right minded person can realise that there are some fen people who spoil it for the majority too.
If the Editor of the Sun would come to visit the town, during Rose Fair would be great, and really looked at the town and all its positive points then wrote a true article then and only then would I consider reading it.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched