LETTER TO THE EDITOR: New singing groups will help those with dementia or other problems enjoy music
Just Sing! is an exciting new project which will bring singing for pleasure to people with dementia, breathing difficulties or indeed any challenging condition who love music.
Two singing groups will start up at the beginning of May, one in Wisbech and one in March. The choirs are being set up by Care Network Cambridgeshire in partnership with Methodist Homes and Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, and the project is funded by the Dosoco Foundation.
The Wisbech Just Sing group starts on Thursday May 1 in the Bramley Lounge at Edina Court in Harecroft Road, Wisbech, from 2.30 - 4.00pm, and will continue on the first Thursday of each month. The group will be led by Lilian Miller, well-known local music teacher and professional performer.
Just Sing in March will start on Tuesday May 6 from 10.30am - 12noon at Trinity Church Hall in the High Street, March, in conjunction with the Carers Trust day centre. Led by Francis and Barbara Pepper from March & District Amateur Operatic Society, the group will meet fortnightly.
There is a charge of £2 for individuals and £3 with a companion. Places at both venues are limited.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact me at Care Network on 01945 589953 or email email@example.com
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire