LETTER TO THE EDITOR: St George’s flag not flying in Wisbech - but there was a good reason says town council
- Credit: Archant
The St George flag was not flying from Wisbech town hall council office on April 23, St George’s Day.
FOONOTE: Susanah Farmer, deputy town clerk, explained: Our main flag pole rope is broken (again). The main flagpole was originally accessed through the roof. This is no longer an option.
You may also want to watch:
However, the arrangement of ropes has caused ongoing problems. We are looking at options and would welcome suggestions (constructive) on refurbishment or replacement; perhaps even flagpoles in another location.
We bought a new lightweight flag which was flying for the St George’s Day event on Saturday 26th to fly on the other flagpole (which is not a proper flagpole and the weight of the traditional flags caused concern - there is quite a whip on it when the wind is up).
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Unfortunately, it was not available for the 23rd.